Introducing the last dessert you’ll ever need. THE GREAT PIZOOKIE! Also, known as a Skillet Cookie. This bad boy is a massive chocolate chip cookie filled with MILK chocolate chips and baked in a cast iron pan. Once baked just scoop on the best cookie dough ice cream you can find and devour it before anyone else hears of the deliciousness brewing up in your kitchen.
Easy to make and even more fun to eat! Serve this at your next get together and your friends won’t be looking for another place to dine. So, as always, slap some chocolate on those cheeks and let’s get baking!
The Great Pizookie Recipe: Serves 8-12 people
13 oz – All Purpose Flour
.15 oz – Baking Soda
.20 oz – Salt
8.8 oz – Unsalted Butter
8 oz – Brown Sugar
5 oz – White Sugar
2 – Large Eggs
.2 oz – Vanilla Extract
1 Bag(11.5oz) – Milk Chocolate Chips
The Great Pizookie Instructions:
- Weigh out your room temperature unsalted butter and place in your mixing bowl.
- Next, add your brown and white sugar to the butter and cream together on a medium speed (hand mixer or standing mixer).
- Once combined add your eggs, one at a time, while mixing, until fully combined. Then add your vanilla extract.
- Next mix your flour, baking soda and salt (with your hands is fine) in a medium bowl. Once mixed add that mixture to the eggs/butter/sugar/vanilla mixture. Turn your mixer on medium-low speed JUST until it is combined and then stop.
- Lastly, add your milk chocolate chips and mix in by hand with a spatula or wooden spoon.
The Great Pizookie Baking Instructions:
- Place your entire cookie dough mixture into your cast iron skillet and flatten out (I wet my hands slightly and flatten out the dough by hand).
- Place in a 325 degree preheated oven and let bake. For a soft gooey cookie (slightly under baked) bake for 35 minutes. If you want a fully baked crispy cookie you will need to bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Then add your cookie dough ice cream to the top and serve.