Usual is boring. Normal is mind-numbing. It’s time for something truly special. Straight from The Chocolate Plate, and guaranteed to be your new favorite dessert, I present (drum roll, please) — The Amaretto Sour Chocolate Tart! Combining these classic flavors into a chocolate tart is going to put your baking into the category of legends.
Like always, this recipe is enticing to the taste buds but still simple enough for the regular Joe. Don’t be intimidated, just buckle those chocolate belts, follow the EASY instructions and prepare for greatness.
7.5 oz – Unsalted Butter
3.25 oz – Sugar
.05 oz (1/3tsp) – Salt
Zest of one whole lemon
.10 oz – Vanilla Extract
2 – Large Eggs
12.5 oz – All Purpose Flour
1. Weigh and combine the room temperature unsalted butter, sugar, salt, lemon zest and vanilla. Cream together with a stand mixer or hand mixer until fully combined.
2. Add the eggs to that mixture and mix together with the same mixer.
3. Add the flour and mix together with the same mixer until fully combined(don’t over mix).
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours.
5. Once it has chilled remove it from the refrigerator and roll it to 1/8 inch thick(pretty thin but still thick enough to pick up and move.
6. Place the thin dough into your TART PAN and cut off excess. Make small holes with a fork (this helps release air so it doesn’t puff up).
7. Bake mini tarts at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.
8. Remove and let cool.
Amaretto Dark Chocolate Ganache:
100 grams – Guittard Semisweet Chocolate Chips
55 grams – Heavy Cream
20 grams – Amaretto Liquor
Limoncello White Chocolate Ganache:
115 grams – White Chocolate Chips(Chips do better than white chocolate bars)
36 grams – Heavy Cream
46 grams – Limoncello Liquor
1. Weigh out and place cream and liquor into a small pot.
2. Heat on medium-high until the first signs of a boil and then remove from heat.
3. Pour heavy cream and liquor mixture directly onto the weighed out chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Let sit for 1 minute and then whisk together until fully combined.
4. Fill half of the tart shell with the Amaretto Dark Chocolate Ganache. Let that set for a few minutes and then fill the top half of the tart shell with the Limoncello White Chocolate Ganache.
5. Let cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. Top with whipped cream, lemon zest and lime zest and serve!