Hand rolled truffles are a thing of beauty. When properly done they can taste great, look good and impress guests! With that said, it’s time for a makeover. Enter “Signet Ring Truffles”. These little gems will make you look like a master chocolatier in a world filled with cut and paste imposters.
These “Signet Ring Truffles” can be used for wedding favors, holiday get togethers or even a Valentine’s day gift for the spouse. All the instructions, recipe and tools needed can be found below.
Like any recipe from The Chocolate Plate you can count on the fact that these truffles are ready for action! So roll up those sleeves, get some chocolate on the hands and make something truly unique.
1 Bag(12 oz) – Guittard Chocolate Chips
3/4 Cup(6oz) – Heavy Cream
1 Tsp – Nielsen-Massey Vanilla
Sugar, Guittard Cocoa Powder or Powdered Sugar.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat heavy cream in a small pot until it comes to the beginning stages of a boil.
- Pour hot heavy cream directly onto the chocolate.
- Whisk together until combined(heat in microwave for 20 second intervals if chocolate doesn’t melt all the way). Then whisk together again until combined. Add Vanilla.
- Put plastic wrap over the ganache(in the bowl) and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove ganache from refrigerator. Use a small spoon to create, quarter sized, balls of ganache.
- Roll each ball of ganache between your hands to form them into a ball.
- Place the truffle balls back into the freezer for 10 minutes and then roll them again.
*Now you should have basic truffles without any coating yet.
- Start with cold truffle balls(place in freezer for 10 minutes to do the trick).
- In a small bowl put your coating of choice.
- Throw one truffle ball into the bowl of coating one at a time. Shake around until fully coated.
- Stamp each truffle with the signet stamp or ring once coated.
- Serve at room temperature and enjoy!